Thursday, April 12, 2007

1934



1. L’Atalante (Jean Vigo)
2. The Scarlet Empress (Josef Von Sternberg)
3. A Story of Floating Weeds (Yasujiro Ozu)
4. It Happened One Night (Frank Capra)
5. Twentieth Century (Howard Hawks)
6. The Lost Patrol (John Ford)
7. The Gay Divorcee (Mark Sandrich)
8. Man of Aran (Robert Flaherty)
9. It’s a Gift (Norman Z. McLeod)
10. Judge Priest (John Ford)
11. The Black Cat (Edgar G. Ulmer)

Almost There: The Man who Knew Too Much (Alfred Hitchcock).

Have Yet to See: The Barretts of Wimpole Street (Sidney Franklin), Imitation of Life (John M. Stahl), Liliom (Fritz Lang), Sadie McKee (Clarence Brown).

1 comment:

  1. I've seen few of these... :( It Happened One Nigt is great, at least I remember it was. It's been a long time since I've seen it. I love Twentieth Century, Barrymore is one of my favourite actors and this is my favourite role of his. He's perfectly insane, and the lengths he goes through are hilarious. I can't believe I forget this, but I loved the little touch with the sticker thing. Very cute.

    I've seen Imitation of Life, not as good as Sirk's remake but worth seeing nonetheless. The Man Who Knew Too Much is a lesser Hitch', but Peter Lorre is pretty awesome. I also want to see Death Takes a Holiday, having a difficult time finding it. I'm sure you've seen it, but I have to mention The Thin Man, a very good film, although I definetely prefer After the Thin Man.

    ReplyDelete