Thursday, April 12, 2007

1931



1. M (Fritz Lang)
2. City Lights (Charles Chaplin)
3. Le Million (René Clair)
4. La Chienne (Jean Renoir)
5. Frankenstein (James Whale)
6. The Smiling Lieutenant (Ernst Lubitsch)
7. Tabu: A Story of the South Seas (F.W. Murnau)
8. Dishonored (Josef Von Sternberg)
9. Monkey Business (Norman Z. McLeod)
10. Kameradschaft (G.W. Pabst)
11. Arrowsmith (John Ford)

Almost There: À nous la liberté (René Clair), Little Caesar (Mervyn LeRoy), Mata Hari (George Fitzmaurice), Rich and Strange (Alfred Hitchcock), Susan Lenox (Her Rise and Fall) (Robert Z. Leonard).

Have Yet to See: The Champ (King Vidor), The Front Page (Lewis Milestone), Platinum Blonde (Frank Capra).

1 comment:

  1. I feel like commenting on nearly every year, lucky you TG11! I'm so bored :( and procrastinating.

    1931, a very good year. Although, I don't like Le Million very much. I can't explain why, but I was generally uninvolved. It felt very typical of early sound film, it just didn't work for me. Monkey Business is also my least favourite Marx film. I like City Lights and Frankenstein though.

    I highly recommend M and The Public enemy. If you haven't already seen them, I recommend Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and The Smiling Lieutenant.

    ReplyDelete